Sunday, April 7, 2013

Swing Mr. Mendelssohn!




This past month I was fortunate enough to be contacted by a wonderful man who knew of my collection.  He had found a costume that I would most certainly be interested in.  One of my favorite MGM films from the 30's is "Everybody Sing."   It features a fantastic cast including stars Judy Garland, Billie Burke, and Fanny Brice.

Probably the most notable scene within the film is  "Swing Mr. Mendelssohn," performed by a very young Judy Garland.  This scene has been used within countless documentaries and lasts as a prime example of Garland's talent level at a young age.

Although the costume is not Garland's and that of an extra's, the example is still incredible and I couldn't pass it up.

I had to get this piece.

The costume will go through a careful restoration as to remove the stains so that it may be preserved for many generations to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment